How to Enrol
Enrolling with adult education is quick and easy. You can enrol online, by telephone, mail, or in person at any LINC.
Please note that your place in any course will be confirmed when payment is received at the time of enrolment. Payment options are:
- Credit Card – online or by phone, or in person at any LINC
- Cash – over the counter at your local LINC. EFTPOS is also available at most LINCs
- Cheque or Money Order – either by mail or in person at all LINCs
Invoices cannot be provided and staged payments are not available.
To enrol online you will need a credit card to complete your payment details and confirm your enrolment.
To search for a class:
Find the class that you’re interested in by using the various search functions available on this site. You can search by:
- Course category, e.g. Art & Craft, Computing & Technology, Home, Lifestyle & DIY etc
- Courses by Date
- Courses by Region, e.g. South, North, North West
- Courses by Tutor
- Key words using the search box
Selecting Your Classes
- Click the Enrol Now button on each course you wish to enrol in (This will not be displayed if the class has already reached maximum numbers).
- You’ll see the number of courses selected at the top right of the page increase by one for every course you select.
- You’ll be given the option to Continue Browsing so you can view and select more courses or Proceed to Checkout if you’re ready to complete your enrolment.
- If you want to review the courses you have selected, Click the Show Shortlist link at the top right of the page. To remove courses, click the X beside each you want to remove.
Proceeding to Checkout
- You’ll first be asked to enter your first name, last name and email address. If you have enrolled with us before, please use the same details.
- If you have not enrolled in an adult education course previously, you will be prompted to enter in further contact details and any concession information
- Once your details have been correctly entered, you’ll be taken to a new summary page listing the enrolments and a payment section at the bottom to enter your credit card payment details.
- If you want to enrol another student, they can be added now by clicking on Add another student.
- After submitting the payment details, a message will be displayed confirming your enrolment was successful.
- Each student will receive an email confirming their enrolment.
Enrol by post
If you prefer to enrol via mail, please print a Postal Enrolment Form below and send it to us with either a cheque, money order or your credit card details. See the contacts page for addresses. Postal Enrolment (PDF)
Enrol in person
If you prefer to enrol in person, visit any of the LINCs across the state. See the contacts page for addresses and locations. You have the option of making your payment over the counter at your local LINC in cash (EFTPOS is also available at most LINCs), by cheque or money order.
Cancellations and Refunds
Please choose your course carefully. A full refund is payable in the event that a class is cancelled. No other refunds are considered except for extenuating circumstances which are supported by a written application.
Concessions are offered to Pensioners, Health Care Card holders and full time students (Conc) and to holders of a Tasmanian Seniors Card (SC). Concessions do not apply to all courses and the concession status of each course is specified in the course guide.
Our website prices show the full price, followed by the concession prices. Mouse-over a concession price to determine whether it is the (Conc) price or (SC) price.
Course fees include GST where required under Taxation Guidelines and covers tutor fee and a levy for materials, equipment and facility usage. Your Course Information will advise if you need to bring other materials to your class at your expense.
Purchasing class materials
Please check your class information to see if you are required to purchase materials to be used in the class. If you do need to purchase anything, wait until 7 days before the class starts as classes sometimes are cancelled if enough enrolments are not received. LINC Tasmania is not responsible for any outlays made by students for books or materials.
Classes are not held on public holidays unless otherwise advertised.
Students should make themselves aware of potential risks involved in a course before enrolling. Students of adult education classes are responsible for the costs of all their own medical or other expenses in the case of an accident occurring before, during or after a course. LINC Tasmania holds no cover for “no fault” accident insurance for injury to students or damage to property of students participating in adult education courses.
Disability or Special Needs
LINC Tasmania is committed to achieving open and equitable access to and participation in a range of adult education programs and courses. If you have a disability or a medical condition which impacts on your ability to participate in an adult education course, please complete the Special Needs Form below or contact the adult education team. This will help us to make the necessary adjustments to maximise your enjoyment and experience in your chosen course. All enquiries are confidential.
Special Needs Form (PDF)
Special Needs Form (Word)
Please note that carers supporting learners with disabilities can attend our classes free of charge. Please contact us for more information.
Feedback and suggestions
LINC Tasmania welcomes your suggestions and feedback regarding Adult Education. Please contact your local LINC or email your enquiries, suggestions or concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org